Director of Institutional Research
Come join an innovative team! Located on the vibrant, diverse West Side of Buffalo NY, D’Youville is an innovative, private, coeducational institution serving 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students. D’Youville is immersed in ambitious and exciting change initiatives to reframe traditional practices and structures to further grow enrollment, improve the health of the community, and profoundly impact student success. Comprehensive strategic planning includes academic planning, technology planning, and significant investments in vital updates to campus facilities. Dedicated to building thriving, healthy communities, D’Youville is nurturing new and existing community partnerships. D’Youville is launching a new health professions hub to provide a healthcare clinic, educational and workforce development opportunities, and new connections to the surrounding neighborhood.
Established in 1908, the D’Youville enrolls approximately 3000 students, about 1800 of whom are undergraduates. D’Youville honors its Catholic heritage and the spirit of St. Marguerite d’Youville by providing academic, social, spiritual, and professional development in programs that emphasize leadership and service. The College teaches students to contribute to the world community by leading compassionate, productive, and responsible lives.
D'Youville prides in its fully accredited and ranked programs in School of Arts, Sciences and Education, School of Health Professions, School of Nursing, and School of Pharmacy.
The Director will report to the Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness and Planning, and be responsible for all institutional research activities which provide information to support institutional planning, institution wide assessment, program evaluation, retention studies, policy formulation, directs and manages data collection, data analysis, and research activities relative to institutional research, and directs the compilation of data and manages the submission of required state and federal reports regarding institution wide assessment, program evaluation, retention studies, and various student satisfaction and effective learning analysis.
- Provides information about the college and its environment through the publication of a variety of documents such as the Fact Book and the Department Profiles.
- Ensures that all state and federal reports are submitted in a timely manner by establishing and maintaining a reports management system.
- Provides data to senior administration on peer institutions and other comparative data.
- Provides data to appropriate administrative units regarding student course evaluations and help with data needed for programs reviewed by accreditation.
- Be familiar with major data sources such as Clearing House, College and University Professional Association for Human Resources (CUPA-HR), IPEDS, etc.
- Ensures that internal and external requests for support in completing surveys/questionnaires are completed in a timely manner.
- Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Institutional Effectiveness and Planning Office by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Performs senior level research tasks including data retrieval/collection, tracking, analysis and interpretation, and reporting. on special institutional research/analysis projects.
- Monitors the overall integrity of data, complying with state and federal requirements and taking appropriate steps to correct data discrepancies when noted.
- Ensures integrity and security of data. Maintain all data securely and consults with VPIE before releasing any data and/or reports.
- Coordinates and/or organizes the preparation, dissemination, and analysis of all special academic and campus surveys and other requests for institutional data from both internal and external parties.
- Creates and oversees maintenance of institutional research databases and permanent records of research.
- Provides evaluations and analysis on projects regarding assessment, program evaluation, student performance, effectiveness goals, and related campus climate topics.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
- Must have a strong understanding of research methodology in behavior sciences or education measurement.
- Experience with higher education administrative/student information systems including technical understanding of data warehousing and data mining supporting strategic and operational planning processes.
- Experience using database software, mainframe applications, and/or statistical software; experience using SPSS or comparable software preferred.
- Knowledge of relational database design and management and expertise in database packages.
- Familiarity with a variety of personal computer software and networking environments.
- Familiarity with web survey administration software.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills critical.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Minimum Master’s degree in computer science, data processing, research methods, or related field preferred.
- Three to five years of related research and/or analysis experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position.