Career Coach/Student Outreach Coordinator
General Statement of Duties:
The Student Success Center at D’Youville includes the office of Academic Advisement and Planning, Transfer Services, and Career and Professional Engagement. The Center brings both Academic Affairs and Student Life together to meet the unique needs of each students. The Center supports all students in their transition to D’Youville by encouraging campus connections and fostering academic success. Each member of the Student Success Team will empower students to take their first steps into the future.
The Career Coach/Student Outreach Coordinator is a member of the career and professional engagement team and reports to the Director of Career and Professional Engagement. This position will oversee, and promote all 1:1 appointments with students and alumni and advertise all appointment requests & drop-in hours. The position will provide career advisement support and strategies for all students in the School of Health Professions. This individual will also manage and supervise the Career Ambassador Program, provide mentorship to students working in the office, and build partnerships with student clubs and organizations to meet their professional preparation and needs.
Distinguishing Features of the Class
This position will serve as a vital component in the student success model at D’Youville College. Every student will be assigned a Personal Student Success Team, which will include a Student Mentor, Faculty Mentor, Academic Advisor, Career Coach, and Alumni Mentor. This individual will serve as a Career Coach to all students enrolling in the School of Health Professions.
Examples of Duties:
- Assist students and alumni with career education and exploration, planning for a job or graduate school, and/or job search; provide resources for identifying experiential education opportunities
- Help students in preparing an e-portfolio of assignments that showcase their skill set, such as writing, communication, technology, etc.
- Provide resume reviews, interview skills training, and mock interviews
- Conduct presentations in classrooms, to student organizations, during campus wide events and initiatives
- Oversee and manage the Career Ambassador program
- Train student employees on resume critiques and other career related material & office function
- Maintain/update all office marketing, promotional and career related resources
- Collaborate with student organizations on campus to promote major specific career related events
- Provide training & support regarding career advisement and exploration to professionals in the D’Youville Student Success Center
- Manage career assessments and promote the use of FOCUS-2
- Assist with office wide events such as National Career Development Month, Student Appreciation Days and the Annual Etiquette Dinner
- Represent the office at college wide events such as recruitment and open house events
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and career management software designed to support the needs of this position
- Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred
- One to three years of experience in career services, human resources, social services, counseling, advising, or higher education
- Ability to communicate and present information to others in one-to-one, classroom, online, and business/industry environments
- Career Services experience is strongly preferred
- Experience reviewing cover letters, resumes, and other employment application materials and providing feedback using various methods strongly preferred