Chiropractic Program - Adjunct
Adjunct Faculty, Chiropractic Program
I. JOB SUMMARY: The D’Youville Chiropractic program is seeking outstanding adjunct faculty to join our team. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Opportunities are available for both classroom and clinical instruction. Duties for those faculty in the clinical setting will also include a combination of active patient care; clinical supervision; didactic and clinical teaching; and student evaluation/assessment.
Chiropractic faculty are charged with preparing chiropractic students for contemporary practice and supporting them in acquiring the necessary knowledge and skills as outlined by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE). Faculty must embrace ethical, efficient, collaborative, and evidence-based care and instill these attributes in our chiropractic students.
II. PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide effective classroom and/or clinical instruction
- Conduct student evaluation/assessment
- Commit to creating an inclusive and welcoming climate for students of diverse backgrounds
- Be able to establish good interpersonal and collaborative relationships with students, faculty, staff, patients, and the larger D’Youville community
- Hold office hours on a regularly scheduled basis
III. OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills
- Work well in teams
- Proficiency in use of various educational and management technologies
V. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Minimum requirements include a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from a CCE accredited chiropractic college and five years of active practice experience.
- Candidates must have valid New York State chiropractic licensure or be eligible for such licensure.
VII. PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Mental/Visual Demand and Physical Effort
- For normal office environment must be able to lift 25 lbs. from floor level
- Must be able to occasionally bend, twist, and stoop
- Frequent typing on computer keyboard
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods and the dexterity to operate a computer and telephone
- Capable of performing light to moderate lifting, pushing, or pulling of equipment
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, a current curriculum vitae, and names and contact information of three professional references.