Pharmacotheraputics - Adjunct
The primary responsibility of this faculty member(s) is to coordinate and deliver instruction throughout the School’s C course sequence in the traditional and/or online pathways equivalent to half of a standard teaching load (6 credit hours). Other course work may be assigned at the discretion of the Chair of Pharmacy Practice. Additionally, the faculty member will act as a preceptor for the school’s students for advanced pharmacy practice experiences (APPE) and serve on its faculty committees.
FTE: 25.0 (Adjunct-Clinical Non-tenure)
- Pharm.D from accredited college or university
- PGY-1 residency training in an American Society of Health-system Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited
- program (or equivalent experience).
- PGY-2 residency training in an American Society of Health-system Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited
- program (preferred or equivalent experience)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to utilize various software programs related to the delivery of online course development and
- Develop, co-coordinate, and deliver a variety of pharmacotherapeutic topics/courses and/or
- pharmacy skills essential to professional practice for the School’s 3-year online Pharm.D program.
- Participate in the shared governance of the School of Pharmacy.
- Uphold the mission and vision of D’Youville and the School of Pharmacy.
- Act as an advisor and mentor to Pharm.D students in the School’s online program.
- Understanding and respecting differences can best develop in a community where members learn, live, work,
- and serve among individuals with diverse worldviews, identities, and values. We are dedicated to upholding
- the dignity and worth of all members of this academic community such that all may engage effectively and
- compassionately in a pluralistic society
D’Youville University continues to grow its commitment to Diversity, EQUITY, and Inclusion. Remaining true to the teachings of our Patroness, St. Marguerite d’Youville, we seek to selflessly and compassionately contribute to humanity by improving the lives of individuals and society through education. D’Youville University was founded to extend a hand to those in need and equip them, through education, with the skills necessary to change the world.
D’Youville is a highly regarded private college and research institution with a rich history located on the vibrant West Side of Buffalo adjacent to a growing downtown with year-round cultural events and outdoor recreation. While preparing students for the 21st-century, D’Youville excels at helping students reach their career goals as change agents, doing well for themselves and their communities by doing good. Under the leadership of President Lorrie Clemo, the university is moving boldly forward through a dynamic and integrated planning process to strengthen the institution and positively impact the student experience and surrounding community.
Founded in 1908, the Grey Nuns named the college after the Patron Saint Marguerite D’Youville and committed to making it a compassionate place of learning for those from underrepresented populations. That commitment and tradition continue today. D’Youville was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureate degree programs for women. With a long Catholic history, D’Youville welcomes students of every culture, background, and faith and is a place where different faith traditions can be openly shared and respected. Coeducational since 1971, D’Youville strives to expand opportunities for diverse learners, including adults, first-generation, low-income, and other students historically underrepresented in higher education. Today, D’Youville features an urban, growing campus community of 3,000 students and offers more than 50 majors in undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies including advanced certificates and accelerated learning programs. Featuring degrees in healthcare, business, and the liberal arts, D’Youville encourages students to balance their learning with activities that integrate community service with coursework. D’Youville’s proud graduates have the academic strengths necessary for careers that make a difference and the skills to be leaders for the world. To learn more about D’Youville, please visit