This per diem Physical Therapist is responsible for implementing Physical Therapy Services in the Health Professions HUB at D’Youville. D’Youville is launching a new Health Professions Hub to provide a healthcare clinic, educational and workforce development opportunities, and new connections to the surrounding neighborhood which includes a Rehabilitative and Wellness center. Through a comprehensive and holistic approach to wellness, the Physical Therapist will work closely with the inter-professional team to plan and administer medically prescribed Physical Therapy for patients suffering from neurologic and orthopedic conditions. The multi-disciplinary team will include Physical Therapists, Chiropractors, Occupational Therapists, Dietitians, and Speech Language Pathologists.
The selected applicant will be responsible for:
- Serving as per diem Physical Therapist providing medical care for those suffering from injuries, or muscle, nerve, joint, and/or bone diseases to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability
- Reviews physician’s referral (prescription) and patient’s condition and medical records to determine physical therapy treatment plan
- Tests measures patient’s strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and records findings to develop or revise treatment program.
- Plans and prepares written treatment program based on evaluation of patient data.
- Administers manual therapy to improve and maintain function.
- Instructs, motivates and assists patients to perform various physical activities, such as nonmanual exercises, functional activities, daily-living activities, and in use of assistant and supportive devices, such as splints and other DME.
- Creating a recruitment plan for participants;
- Establish community relations with businesses and community members;
- Act as a liaison and partners with team members in the HUB and PT academic department at D’Youville College
- Develop and maintain operational policies and procedures to execute the requirements for the position
- Other duties as required
- Candidate must have current, unrestricted, New York State license or NYS Licensure in progress active on date of hire
- Minimum of a BS in Physical Therapy.
- 3-5 years of Clinical fieldwork experience is preferred. DPT preferred.
About the Institution:
D’Youville is a highly regarded private college and research institution with a rich history located on the vibrant West Side of Buffalo adjacent to a growing downtown with year-round cultural events and outdoor recreation. While preparing students for the 21st-century, D’Youville excels at helping students reach their career goals as change agents, doing well for themselves and their communities by doing good. Under the leadership of President Lorrie Clemo, the university is moving boldly forward through a dynamic and integrated planning process to strengthen the institution and positively impact the student experience and surrounding community.
Founded in 1908, the Grey Nuns named the college after the Patron Saint Marguerite D’Youville and committed to making it a compassionate place of learning for those from underrepresented populations. That commitment and tradition continue today. D’Youville was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureate degree programs for women. With a long Catholic history, D’Youville welcomes students of every culture, background, and faith and is a place where different faith traditions can be openly shared and respected. Coeducational since 1971, D’Youville strives to expand opportunities for diverse learners, including adults, first-generation, low-income, and other students historically underrepresented in higher education.
Today, D’Youville features an urban, growing campus community of 3,000 students and offers more than 50 majors in undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies including advanced certificates and accelerated learning programs. Featuring degrees in healthcare, business, and the liberal arts, D’Youville encourages students to balance their learning with activities that integrate community service with coursework. D’Youville’s proud graduates have the academic strengths necessary for careers that make a difference and the skills to be leaders for the world. To learn more about D’Youville, please visit