Accounts Payable Clerk (Temporary)
General Statement of Duties:
The Accounts payable clerk will provide administrative support to the office by performing various duties required to maintain office efficiency.
Distinguishing Features of the Position:
Under the general supervision of the Director of Purchasing, the AP Clerk will assist with the process of the monthly credit card statements and assist with the Accounts Payable process as we upgrade Chrome River.
Examples of Duties (illustrative only):
- Tracks cardholder submissions of monthly credit cards: reviews to ensure totals agree with monthly statements, verifies that receipts are attached, and that activity complies with policy.
- Provides assistance to cardholders with input of Chrome River credit card activity.
- Vouchers college card monthly activity.
- Assists the Accounts Payable Specialist with ap entries.
- Provides customer service support with both internal and external customers.
- Assists in the mailroom as needed.
- Performs other duties that are assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Operate standard office equipment with stress on computer proficiency is required to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with the flexibility to learn new skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
- Ability to perform basic accounting procedures. Accurate typing, grammatically correct and proficient message composition.
- Capable of following specific office requirements and instructions.
- Understand and communicate to the DYC college community purchasing processes and procedures both verbally and written.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to interact professionally and courteously to a diverse college community, its vendors and its external related business associate.
- Problem solving skills to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to set task priorities, follow through and complete tasks.
- The Purchasing/Accounts Payable Office is a service department to the entire campus community. Strong customer service skills, in handling a range of scenarios, are critical to a candidate’s success.
Acceptable Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or candidate
About the Institution:
D’Youville is a highly regarded private college and research institution with a rich history located on the vibrant West Side of Buffalo adjacent to a growing downtown with year-round cultural events and outdoor recreation. While preparing students for the 21st-century, D’Youville excels at helping students reach their career goals as change agents, doing well for themselves and their communities by doing good. Under the leadership of President Lorrie Clemo, the university is moving boldly forward through a dynamic and integrated planning process to strengthen the institution and positively impact the student experience and surrounding community.
Founded in 1908, the Grey Nuns named the college after the Patron Saint Marguerite D’Youville and committed to making it a compassionate place of learning for those from underrepresented populations. That commitment and tradition continue today. D’Youville was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureate degree programs for women. With a long Catholic history, D’Youville welcomes students of every culture, background, and faith and is a place where different faith traditions can be openly shared and respected. Coeducational since 1971, D’Youville strives to expand opportunities for diverse learners, including adults, first-generation, low-income, and other students historically underrepresented in higher education.
Today, D’Youville features an urban, growing campus community of 3,000 students and offers more than 50 majors in undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies including advanced certificates and accelerated learning programs. Featuring degrees in healthcare, business, and the liberal arts, D’Youville encourages students to balance their learning with activities that integrate community service with coursework. D’Youville’s proud graduates have the academic strengths necessary for careers that make a difference and the skills to be leaders for the world. To learn more about D’Youville, please visit