Adjunct Instructor – School of Health Professions
The School of Health Professions at D’Youville University is seeking qualified candidates who can serve as adjunct instructors to teach undergraduate and graduate courses on-campus and/or online. Candidates should have the ability to teach in the academic disciplines within the School including: Health Administration, Public Health, Chiropractic, Nutrition and Dietetics, Physician Assistant, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Exercise and Sport Studies. This a pooled posting. Positions will be filled as needed.
- Master’s degree or doctoral degree from an accredited college or university
- One year of experience in professional practice
- Current professional licensure in state of practice if applicable
- Previous experience with teaching in higher education preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to utilize various software programs including the institution’s Learning Management System (Canvas) related to the delivery of online course content
- Teach assigned course in accordance with its established learning outcomes.
- Develop and implement course assignments and deliver learning activities that permit measurement of course student learning outcomes.
- Foster an inclusive and collaborative course environment
- Report progress updates and final grades for students.
- Provide access to and timely response to students via in-person (e.g., office hours), videoconference, or telephone.
- Uphold the mission and vision of D’Youville.
D’Youville University continues to grow its commitment to Diversity, EQUITY, and Inclusion. Remaining true to the teachings of our Patroness, St. Marguerite d’Youville, we seek to selflessly and compassionately contribute to humanity by improving the lives of individuals and society through education. D’Youville University was founded to extend a hand to those in need and equip them, through education, with the skills necessary to change the world.
About the Institution:
D’Youville is a small private university located on the beautiful banks of Lake Erie in Buffalo, NY. Nestled near the base of the Peace Bridge (that connects New York to Canada), D’Youville has been educating the leaders of tomorrow since 1908. D’Youville is deeply committed to the idea of diversity as a relational variable (how one may be different from another), and all who work at D’Youville are committed to creating an inclusive, student-centered learning community where difference is recognized in all its forms. To this end, women, racial and ethnic minorities, divergent thinkers, and other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
D’Youville is known for its strong academic programs, its rich campus life, and its commitment to student engagement and success. Residing in a vibrant urban environment, it offers more than 40 programs (undergraduate, graduate, doctoral studies, advanced certificates) and provides traditional day course offerings as well as accelerated night, weekend, off-campus, and online programs.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States to be considered. As implied above, D’Youville is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering a diverse community based on the fundamental tenants of inclusion and equity. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, age, creed, national original, religion, familial status, military status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, or sexual orientation.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current curriculum vitae.