Head Women’s Basketball Coach
Purpose of Position:
Under general supervision the Head Women’s Basketball Coach recruits student-athletes, makes recommendations for scholarships, schedules competition, coordinates travel, oversees academic progress, and conducts practices for the assigned athletic team. The Head Women’s Basketball Coach contributes to the educational mission of D'Youville College by offering direction and instruction in Basketball.
Specific Tasks/Duties performed:
- Contributes to the educational mission of the College by coordinating the instruction of student-athletes in the area of Basketball training and competition;
- Recruits student-athletes for the Women’s Basketball program;
- Instructs methods and strategies and coaches student-athletes in the sport;
- Makes recommendations for scholarships;
- Schedules practices and games;
- Coordinates travel (ex: bus/air, hotel, meals, etc.);
- Transports and supervises players while on the road;
- Trains and supervises assistant coach(es);
- Monitors specific sport budget to ensure fiscal responsibility;
- Operates the program under the rules and regulations of the College, the NCAA, and the ECC; understanding that a coach can be suspended for a period of time without pay or terminated if found to be involved in significant or repetitive violations of NCAA regulations;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of coaching and teaching techniques and the ability to effectively use them.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Ability to drive a personal or university vehicle for the purpose of college business on a regular basis.
- Ability to travel when necessary
- Knowledge of recruiting techniques and the ability to effectively use them.
- Current certification in CPR, AED, and First Aid. Annual Blood Borne Pathogen education/training with Office of Human Resources.
- Bachelor degree in related field is required with high level of collegiate, amateur or professional playing experience.
- At least three years of experience coaching Basketball at the collegiate or higher competitive level.
- Valid driver's license required. License must meet insurance company rules and regulations for driving underwriting criteria.
About the Institution:
D’Youville is a highly regarded private college and research institution with a rich history located on the vibrant West Side of Buffalo adjacent to a growing downtown with year-round cultural events and outdoor recreation. While preparing students for the 21st-century, D’Youville excels at helping students reach their career goals as change agents, doing well for themselves and their communities by doing good. Under the leadership of President Lorrie Clemo, the university is moving boldly forward through a dynamic and integrated planning process to strengthen the institution and positively impact the student experience and surrounding community.
Founded in 1908, the Grey Nuns named the college after the Patron Saint Marguerite D’Youville and committed to making it a compassionate place of learning for those from underrepresented populations. That commitment and tradition continue today. D’Youville was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureate degree programs for women. With a long Catholic history, D’Youville welcomes students of every culture, background, and faith and is a place where different faith traditions can be openly shared and respected. Coeducational since 1971, D’Youville strives to expand opportunities for diverse learners, including adults, first-generation, low-income, and other students historically underrepresented in higher education.
Today, D’Youville features an urban, growing campus community of 3,000 students and offers more than 50 majors in undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies including advanced certificates and accelerated learning programs. Featuring degrees in healthcare, business, and the liberal arts, D’Youville encourages students to balance their learning with activities that integrate community service with coursework. D’Youville’s proud graduates have the academic strengths necessary for careers that make a difference and the skills to be leaders for the world. To learn more about D’Youville, please visit
Please submit all applications to Senior Woman Administrator, Rebecca Capinera, at firstname.lastname@example.org.