Instructional Support Specialist
This position provides instructional and audio-visual technology support services through administration, applications, Simulation Lab, maintenance, training, and troubleshooting for faculty, staff, administration, and students. Should have the knowledge and experience that enables them to perform their job independently and coordinate difficult technical projects in a collaborative team environment with little direct supervision.
Primary Job Duties:
- Provide instructional media support, which includes faculty training, assistance, configuration & maintenance of audio-visual hardware (and, as appropriate, computer hardware & software); and coordinating operational checks of classroom technology systems including media controllers.
- Assist with the implementation process of instructional technology in the learning environment, and Simulation Lab primarily with audiovisual hardware, and as appropriate, with computer hardware & software.
- Assist the director in the administration/documentation and establishment of plans, policies, procedures, and facilities where instructional innovation and technology would be relevant.
- Maintain official, accurate, and up-to-date Web presence on the website, including training documentation.
- Provide technical support/user assistance for distance learning facility, satellite communications, videoconferencing, web conferences, and special events.
- Manage audio visual equipment data base and reports.
- Assist with on- and off-site vendor relations.
- Maintaining Crestron Room View and Extron Global Viewer, remote network access, and control of a large number of the instructional classrooms in the main academic buildings on campus.
- Participate in simulation scenarios as needed
- Provide simulation and educational technology help desk support, as needed
- Complete administrative tasks as assigned.
- Provide instructional media support for events on and off campus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer Literacy (word processing, mail merges, spreadsheets, database management, cloud-based platforms)
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to utilize various software programs
- Simulation experience a plus
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's or higher from accredited college or university
- 3-5 years IT Support and troubleshooting experience
- 3-5 years' experience with Microsoft and Apple Products
- Audio/Video Experience in Higher Education environment
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Mental/Visual Demand and Physical Effort
- For normal office environment must be able to lift 50 lbs. From floor level.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver normal size full file boxes for archival purposes.
- Must be able to bend, twist, and stoop occasionally.
- Frequent typing of a computer keyboard.
About the Institution:
D’Youville is a highly regarded private university and research institution with a rich history located on the vibrant West Side of Buffalo adjacent to a growing downtown with year-round cultural events and outdoor recreation. While preparing students for the 21st-century, D’Youville excels at helping students reach their career goals as change agents, doing well for themselves and their communities by doing good. Under the leadership of President Lorrie Clemo, the university is moving boldly forward through a dynamic and integrated planning process to strengthen the institution and positively impact the student experience and surrounding community.
Founded in 1908, the Grey Nuns named the college after the Patron Saint Marguerite D’Youville and committed to making it a compassionate place of learning for those from underrepresented populations. That commitment and tradition continue today. D’Youville was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureate degree programs for women. With a long Catholic history, D’Youville welcomes students of every culture, background, and faith and is a place where different faith traditions can be openly shared and respected. Coeducational since 1971, D’Youville strives to expand opportunities for diverse learners, including adults, first-generation, low-income, and other students historically underrepresented in higher education.
Today, D’Youville features an urban, growing campus community of 3,000 students and offers more than 50 majors in undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies including advanced certificates and accelerated learning programs. Featuring degrees in healthcare, business, and the liberal arts, D’Youville encourages students to balance their learning with activities that integrate community service with coursework. D’Youville’s proud graduates have the academic strengths necessary for careers that make a difference and the skills to be leaders for the world. To learn more about D’Youville, please visit