The Chiropractic Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and implementing and coordinating Chiropractic Services in the Health Professions Hub.
D’Youville’s Health Professions Hub provides a healthcare clinic, educational and workforce development opportunities, and new connections to the surrounding neighborhood which includes a Rehabilitative and Wellness center. Through a comprehensive and holistic approach to wellness, the Chiropractic Coordinator will work closely with the inter-professional team to plan and administer medically prescribed Chiropractic Care for patients suffering from neurologic and orthopedic conditions. The multi-disciplinary team will include Physical Therapists, Chiropractors, Occupational Therapists, Dietitians, and Speech Language Pathologists.
The selected applicant will be responsible for:
• Serving up to 1 FTE (32 hours/wk) providing Chiropractic care in addition to coordinator responsibilities
• Reviews physician’s referral (prescription) and patient’s condition and medical records to determine Chiropractic treatment plan
• Tests and measures patient’s strength, ROM, sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and records findings to develop or revise treatment program.
• Plans and prepares written treatment program based on evaluation of patient data.
• Administers manual adjustments and manual therapy to improve and maintain function.
• Instructs, motivates and assists patients to perform various physical activities, such as nonmanual exercises, functional activities, daily-living activities, and in use of assistant and supportive devices, such as orthotics.
• Creating a recruitment plan for participants;
• Have oversight for program evaluation; including business growth, student success and other metrics assessing the success of the Chiropractic program at the HUB
• Establish community relations with businesses and community members;
• Develop, submit and administer quarterly reports including student documentation, monthly business reports and other communication tools required for the position.
• Act as a liaison and partners with team members in the HUB and DC academic department at D’Youville College
• Develop and maintain operational policies and procedures to execute the requirements for the position
• Other duties as required
- Candidate must have current, unrestricted, New York State license or
NYS Licensure in progress and active on date of hire
- Minimum of a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from accredited Chiropractic College, Valid DC license in NYS, 3-5 years of Clinical fieldwork experience is preferred.
D’Youville University continues to grow its commitment to Diversity, EQUITY, and Inclusion. Remaining true to the teachings of our Patroness, St. Marguerite d’Youville, we seek to selflessly and compassionately contribute to humanity by improving the lives of individuals and society through education. D’Youville University was founded to extend a hand to those in need and equip them, through education, with the skills necessary to change the world.