Collegiate Science Technology Entry Program - Program Coordinator
D’Youville University has been awarded a five-year Collegiate Science Technology Entry Program (CSTEP) grant from the New York State Department of Education (NYSDOE) to implement and evaluate a comprehensive program to promote the academic success of eligible students. The project serves 150 students each year through mentoring, tutoring, workshops, a day of service, assistance with navigating college processes, a vibrant summer undergraduate research program, and support in finding internships and other opportunities. Once accepted into the program, support continues to graduation if students meet eligibility requirements. A CSTEP Program Coordinator is needed to contribute to the recruitment of students to meet enrollment targets and to oversee the administration of these activities to help assure our students’ academic success.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for basic operational and analytical support related to the University's CSTEP program. The CSTEP Program Coordinator reports to the CSTEP Director and will exercise substantial self-direction. This includes coordination/communication and supervision of teaching assistants and tutors, faculty, students, administrators, and external partners, data collection, assisting in the preparation of progress reports and assisting in data analysis maintaining rigorous standards consistent with project design, for the fulfillment of the overall project goals and deadlines.
- Assist in the coordination of all aspects of student entry into the program from point of interest to the application, to acceptance, and to advisement and other supports, including:
- Verification of student eligibility for New York State grant requirements.
- Collect and maintain statistical data on applicants and enrolled students;
- Participate in planning, recruitment, and outreach events and present CSTEP programs and services to prospective students and internal and external stakeholders in individual and group settings;
- Plan, implement, and coordinate a variety of academic and enrichment support services, programs, and activities that enhance the educational development of university students.
- Assist in preparing reports and surveys regarding program applicants, enrolled students, and program outcomes;
- Work collaboratively with the local and state-wide STEP and CSTEP program staff to implement programs that benefit both STEP and CSTEP Programs to strengthen the pipeline (i.e., day of service and regional events).
- Work synergistically with other student support programs at the university and the CSTEP region; attend conferences as needed. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree with a minimum of three years’ experience in a Higher Education Administration, Counseling, or related field. Prior experience on similar projects is preferred. Experience in staff supervision, counseling, and the development of academic initiatives in a University setting Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience collaborating with and supporting the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to keep accurate, well-organized records.
- Ability to work independently and function effectively in a complex environment.
- Commitment to helping students achieve their potential and reach their academic and career goals.
- Must have ambition, diplomacy, excellent communication skills, extensive experience, ability, and/or interest in working with high-achieving, ethnically diverse students.
A cover letter describing interest in the position, a resume, and a list of 3 professional references must be attached. The search committee will begin reviewing applications immediately, and the search will remain open until the position is filled. D’Youville University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Work Remotely - No
Work Location: Buffalo, NY
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31,000.00 - $41,000.00 per year
Additional Salary Information
The salary range reflects our good faith and reasonable estimateof the possible compensation at the time of posting, the role and associatedresponsibilities, and the experience, education, and training of the selectedcandidate.
About the Institution:
D’Youville is a highly regarded private university and research institution with a rich history located on the vibrant West Side of Buffalo adjacent to a growing downtown with year-round cultural events and outdoor recreation. While preparing students for the 21st-century, D’Youville excels at helping students reach their career goals as change agents, doing well for themselves and their communities by doing good. Under the leadership of President Lorrie Clemo, the university is moving boldly forward through a dynamic and integrated planning process to strengthen the institution and positively impact the student experience and surrounding community.
Founded in 1908, the Grey Nuns named the college after the Patron Saint Marguerite D’Youville and committed to making it a compassionate place of learning for those from underrepresented populations. That commitment and tradition continue today. D’Youville was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureate degree programs for women. With a long Catholic history, D’Youville welcomes students of every culture, background, and faith and is a place where different faith traditions can be openly shared and respected. Coeducational since 1971, D’Youville strives to expand opportunities for diverse learners, including adults, first-generation, low-income, and other students historically underrepresented in higher education.
Today, D’Youville features an urban, growing campus community of 3,000 students and offers more than 50 majors in undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies including advanced certificates and accelerated learning programs. Featuring degrees in healthcare, business, and the liberal arts, D’Youville encourages students to balance their learning with activities that integrate community service with coursework. D’Youville’s proud graduates have the academic strengths necessary for careers that make a difference and the skills to be leaders for the world. All job offers are contingent upon legal authorization to be employed in NYS as determined by NYS DOL. To learn more about D’Youville, please visit http://www.dyu.edu/
D’Youville University continues to grow its commitment to Diversity, EQUITY, and Inclusion. Remaining true to the teachings of our Patroness, St. Marguerite d’Youville, we seek to selflessly and compassionately contribute to humanity by improving the lives of individuals and society through education. D’Youville University was founded to extend a hand to those in need and equip them, through education, with the skills necessary to change the world.