School of Nursing - Simulation & Clinical Practice Center Coordinator
Coordinator of the Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center in the Patricia H. Garman School of Nursing is a full-time, twelve-month staff position reporting to the Director of Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center. The Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center is inclusive of high-, medium-, and low-fidelity simulation experiences. The Coordinator is responsible for managing and maintaining the Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center to provide a facilitative teaching/learning environment for students in the undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. It is the responsibility of the Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center Coordinator, in collaboration with the Director, to utilize continuous quality improvement strategies to ensure that the Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center contributes to the ability of the School of Nursing programs to provide high quality, innovative educational programs. The Coordinator facilitates learning experiences but does not evaluate student performance.
Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center Associates, Work Study and Student Employees, Graduate Assistants
Director of Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center, D’Youville University Director of Interprofessional Simulation (Health Professions HUB); Associate Deans for Graduate and Undergraduate Nursing Programs; Nursing Faculty Simulation Liaison; Nursing Program Directors; Course/Clinical Coordinators
1. Coordinates room assignments and schedules with clinical and course coordinators each semester for optimum efficiency.
2. Supervises Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center Associates, work study and student employees, and graduate assistants; prepares work schedules and duties.
3. Schedules and supervises open lab periods, assisting students with guided practice.
4. Assists with programming mid- and high-fidelity simulators according to simulation scenario specifications.
5. Assists with facilitating simulations at all nursing levels, including audio visual recording as required for simulation scenario.
6. Coordinates and assists with set up and take down of Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center activities.
7. Collaborates with nursing faculty to facilitate Clinical Practice Center assignments and simulation scenarios to augment learning in clinical courses, including maintenance of simulated patients’ electronic medical records.
8. Consults with faculty about appropriate audio-visual materials, supplies and equipment needed to supplement instruction. Coordinator, Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center Position Description
9. Contributes to the Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center Policy and Procedures Manual, assisting to update as needed to reflect current best practice.
10. Safeguards that the Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center is compliant with all OSHA and work environment mandates.
11. Supervises the maintenance of a catalog system for identification and retrieval of equipment, supplies and other Clinical Practice Center resources.
12. Monitors the maintenance of the physical environment including care and repair of equipment, supplies, laundry, etc.
13. Assists with ordering new supplies and equipment as needed for Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center including providing information on future equipment and supplies in the budgeting process.
14. Contribute to Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center Social Media.
15. Assists with the planning and implementation for the debrief of simulations with faculty and students.
16. Supports and oversees the development of instructor training in simulation pedagogy
17. Assists with orientation of faculty and students to principles of simulation training and debriefing techniques and provide faculty with related literature.
18. Actively participates in the development, preparation, and writing of grants to obtain equipment.
19. Assists in the review and update of simulation scenarios for accuracy and consistency with curriculum needs.
20. Attend continuing education and open house events related to nursing simulation.
22. Oversees partnerships with clinical sites regarding planning and implementation of employee simulation-based training as directed.
24. Obtain Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) through the Society for Simulation in Healthcare within 3 years of hire.
25. Additional duties as assigned
1. Baccalaureate degree in Nursing form an institutionally accredited college or university.
2. Unrestricted New York licensure to practice as a registered nurse.
3. Three years’ experience in professional nursing practice.
4. Excellent organizational, and clinical practice skills.
5. Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
6. Ability to lift 20 lbs.
1. Master’s Degree in Nursing from an institutionally accredited college or university.
2. Experience in nursing simulation, either in an academic simulation center or a healthcare organization with a strong simulation program.
3. Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator through the Society for Simulation in Healthcare.
Waiver of one or more of the above qualifications will be permitted when the candidate demonstrates strength in other designated areas.
Work Remotely - No
Work Location: Buffalo, NY
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,450.00 - $60,450.00 per year
Additional Salary Information
The salary range reflects our good faith and reasonable estimateof the possible compensation at the time of posting, the role and associatedresponsibilities, and the experience, education, and training of the selectedcandidate.
About the Institution:
D’Youville is a highly regarded private university and research institution with a rich history located on the vibrant West Side of Buffalo adjacent to a growing downtown with year-round cultural events and outdoor recreation. While preparing students for the 21st-century, D’Youville excels at helping students reach their career goals as change agents, doing well for themselves and their communities by doing good. Under the leadership of President Lorrie Clemo, the university is moving boldly forward through a dynamic and integrated planning process to strengthen the institution and positively impact the student experience and surrounding community.
Founded in 1908, the Grey Nuns named the college after the Patron Saint Marguerite D’Youville and committed to making it a compassionate place of learning for those from underrepresented populations. That commitment and tradition continue today. D’Youville was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureate degree programs for women. With a long Catholic history, D’Youville welcomes students of every culture, background, and faith and is a place where different faith traditions can be openly shared and respected. Coeducational since 1971, D’Youville strives to expand opportunities for diverse learners, including adults, first-generation, low-income, and other students historically underrepresented in higher education.
Today, D’Youville features an urban, growing campus community of 3,000 students and offers more than 50 majors in undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies including advanced certificates and accelerated learning programs. Featuring degrees in healthcare, business, and the liberal arts, D’Youville encourages students to balance their learning with activities that integrate community service with coursework. D’Youville’s proud graduates have the academic strengths necessary for careers that make a difference and the skills to be leaders for the world. All job offers are contingent upon legal authorization to be employed in NYS as determined by NYS DOL. To learn more about D’Youville, please visit http://www.dyu.edu/
D’Youville University continues to grow its commitment to Diversity, EQUITY, and Inclusion. Remaining true to the teachings of our Patroness, St. Marguerite d’Youville, we seek to selflessly and compassionately contribute to humanity by improving the lives of individuals and society through education. D’Youville University was founded to extend a hand to those in need and equip them, through education, with the skills necessary to change the world.