Coordinator – Student Affairs
I. JOB SUMMARY
The highly visible incumbent is responsible for managing the day-to-day responsibilities of the Chief Student Affairs Officer and ensuring peak performance of the division. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who thrives amidst an ever-changing and unpredictable work environment and will have demonstrated skills in the areas of student support and programming. The Coordinator reports directly to the Chief Student Affairs Officer. Typical business hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm but extended hours may occasionally be required when the college is in session to manage workload and attend meetings and College functions. Through organization and management, this 12-month position helps to ensure that the College is “student-ready” and that every student has the opportunity to be engaged outside of the classroom.
II. PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Ensure effective management, scheduling, and communication within the Student Affairs office;
- Manage all phone calls, messages, and meeting requests for the Chief Student Affairs Officer;
- Keep and distribute any meeting minutes as directed by the Chief Student Affairs Officer;
- Oversee all bookkeeping within the Student Affairs office;
- Serve as the Financial Advisor for the Student Government Association;
- Coordinate all forms needed for the Student Government Association;
- Manage and monitor all Student Affairs web presence;
- Manage all room and technology requests as needed for events and meetings;
- Work closely on initiatives as needed with any/all staff members within Student Affairs;
- Organize and manage any needed supplies;
- Assess daily operations within the office and provide recommendations for peak performance;
- Ensure a student-centered departmental environment with a focus on customer service;
- Support the overall campus programming model by collaborating with faculty, staff, and SGA on initiatives and events;
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Student Affairs Officer.
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational experience;
- Thorough knowledge of college life and the associated environment;
- Strong cross-cultural, interpersonal, and writing skills necessary, including the ability to represent the College in a positive way to diverse populations;
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive community;
- Ability to innovative and offer administrative recommendations;
- Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals on campus and in all areas of the community to accomplish student life objectives;
- Ability to make sound professional judgments, often under deadline pressure, when dealing with student related issues;
- A strong commitment to the college’s mission to honor the catholic heritage and the spirit of St. Marguerite d’Youville working with students from across diverse cultures, backgrounds and faith traditions that promotes leadership and service.
V. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Associate degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of administrative and/or organizational experience.