Assistant/Associate Director for Institutional Research
General Job Description
This role includes but is not limited to gathering and analyzing data in support of institutional decision-making. It also involves coordinating state and federal agencies reports such as IPEDS (Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System), Common Data Set, New York State Education Department, Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA) survey. Furthermore, produce reports to respond to data and information needs of the internal audience. Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Remotely: No
Essential Job Functions
1. Create statutory reports for internal and external audiences
2. Prepares reports in response to internal information needs.
3. Complete Federal, State, and Accreditors reports, especially IPEDS, NYSED, EADA, NCAA, and MSCHE annual reporting.
4. Analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data, prepare customized reports such as graduation and retention rates, and coordinate reporting across the campus.
5. Assist in the development of new data sources, especially from the Higher Education Industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of extracting data from relational databases(preferably SAP Business Object), analyzing, and presenting reports
2. Skill in the use of relational databases, SQL, Excel, Microsoft Access, Tableau, and Power BI
3. Skill in developing dashboards using Tableau and Power BI
4. Ability to query relational databases using SQL
5. Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
A minimum of Bachelor's degree in Business Information Systems or any field with significant quantitative and data analysis training.
- Five years of working experience in a higher education institution.
- Experience with IPEDS, NYSED, EADA, NCAA, and MSCHE annual reporting, Common Data Set, and other higher education reporting.
- Experience with relational databases (preferably SAP Business Object) and business intelligence reporting.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interpret complex information to a diverse audience.
D’Youville University continues to grow its commitment to Diversity, EQUITY, and Inclusion. Remaining true to the teachings of our Patroness, St. Marguerite d’Youville, we seek to selflessly and compassionately contribute to humanity by improving the lives of individuals and society through education. D’Youville University was founded to extend a hand to those in need and equip them, through education, with the skills necessary to change the world.
D’Youville is a highly regarded private college and research institution with a rich history located on the vibrant West Side of Buffalo adjacent to a growing downtown with year-round cultural events and outdoor recreation. While preparing students for the 21st-century, D’Youville excels at helping students reach their career goals as change agents, doing well for themselves and their communities by doing good. Under the leadership of President Lorrie Clemo, the university is moving boldly forward through a dynamic and integrated planning process to strengthen the institution and positively impact the student experience and surrounding community.
Founded in 1908, the Grey Nuns named the college after the Patron Saint Marguerite D’Youville and committed to making it a compassionate place of learning for those from underrepresented populations. That commitment and tradition continue today. D’Youville was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureate degree programs for women. With a long Catholic history, D’Youville welcomes students of every culture, background, and faith and is a place where different faith traditions can be openly shared and respected. Coeducational since 1971, D’Youville strives to expand opportunities for diverse learners, including adults, first-generation, low-income, and other students historically underrepresented in higher education.
Today, D’Youville features an urban, growing campus community of 3,000 students and offers more than 50 majors in undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies including advanced certificates and accelerated learning programs. Featuring degrees in healthcare, business, and the liberal arts, D’Youville encourages students to balance their learning with activities that integrate community service with coursework. D’Youville’s proud graduates have the academic strengths necessary for careers that make a difference and the skills to be leaders for the world.