IT Support Specialist
Provides end user technical support for Information Technology throughout the D’Youville network.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Troubleshoots, resolves, and maintains personal computers and mobile devices. Provides some support around servers, AV equipment, smartphones, the phone system, printers, etc.
- Provides end user support of all hardware and software. Assists with telecommunications and audio-visual training and support when needed. Demonstrates knowledge of software applications.
- Sets up and images laptops, PC’s, and mobile devices. Assists with network administration by granting software access and directory rights for users if needed.
- Conducts appropriate one-on-one formal and informal training sessions for computer users; creates learning materials to support training.
- Assists in the implementation of hardware and software applications.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Provides timely, appropriate and knowledgeable responses to end user issues; creates a stress free atmosphere for users to ask questions and share concerns.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply technology in many different environments.
- Exhibits strong communication skills both within the IT Department and with other departments and at all levels.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Performs other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Possess critical thinking skills, proficiency in organizing resources and establishing priorities and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to plan and meet both short and long-term goals.
- Working knowledge of MS Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- The ability and eagerness to promote a team environment by working in a cooperative and collegial manner with others to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Must be able to handle diverse work problems on a daily basis with the ability to resolve problems and handle conflict as part of a team.
- Associate’s degree in computer science (or related field) preferred.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in an end-user support position within a LAN/WAN environment.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Mental/Visual Demand and Physical Effort.
- For normal office environment must be able to lift 50lbs from floor level.
- Must be able to lift and manuever normal size full file box for archival purposes.
- Must be able to occasional bend, twist, and stoop.
- Frequent typing of computer keyboard.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment such as computer, mobile device, phone, copier, scanner, printer, or related items.
- May be called upon to work beyond the normal workday.
- Must have good personal hygiene and adhere to corporate dress policy (business casual).
About the Institution:
D’Youville is a highly regarded private university and research institution with a rich history located on the vibrant West Side of Buffalo adjacent to a growing downtown with year-round cultural events and outdoor recreation. While preparing students for the 21st-century, D’Youville excels at helping students reach their career goals as change agents, doing well for themselves and their communities by doing good. Under the leadership of President Lorrie Clemo, the university is moving boldly forward through a dynamic and integrated planning process to strengthen the institution and positively impact the student experience and surrounding community.
Founded in 1908, the Grey Nuns named the college after the Patron Saint Marguerite D’Youville and committed to making it a compassionate place of learning for those from underrepresented populations. That commitment and tradition continue today. D’Youville was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureate degree programs for women. With a long Catholic history, D’Youville welcomes students of every culture, background, and faith and is a place where different faith traditions can be openly shared and respected. Coeducational since 1971, D’Youville strives to expand opportunities for diverse learners, including adults, first-generation, low-income, and other students historically underrepresented in higher education.
Today, D’Youville features an urban, growing campus community of 3,000 students and offers more than 50 majors in undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies including advanced certificates and accelerated learning programs. Featuring degrees in healthcare, business, and the liberal arts, D’Youville encourages students to balance their learning with activities that integrate community service with coursework. D’Youville’s proud graduates have the academic strengths necessary for careers that make a difference and the skills to be leaders for the world. All job offers are contingent upon legal authorization to be employed in NYS as determined by NYS DOL. To learn more about D’Youville, please visit http://www.dyc.edu/