Technology Support Manager
Reports to the IT Process Improvement Manager, coordinates and manages the daily activities of the IT Support Specialists, provides high quality customer service and is responsible for all aspects of managing the Tech Lounge including end user equipment orders, installations, and troubleshooting.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Coordinate daily work of tech support staff to address work requests efficiently.
- Maintain the hardware and software inventories for purposes of warranties, licensing compliance and replacement initiatives.
- Research hardware and software and make purchasing decisions on end user requirements to ensure compliance and to maintain a regular hardware and software replacement schedule.
- Troubleshoot peripheral hardware and software on both Apple and Microsoft operating systems and provide department staff with training, as necessary.
- Arrange for vendor provided installation assistance for computers and printers when necessary and oversee vendor activities during the installation project.
- Coordinate daily work of Tech Support staff to address work requests efficiently.
- Communicate with end users in multiple methods, including writing, over the phone, and in-person to assist with troubleshooting, and other requests for support.
- Document configurations and maintain the currency of the internal Tech Support SharePoint Pages to propagate technical information to end users as a proactive means of troubleshooting.
- Maintain internal Tech Support Team including documentation, wiki, and internal chat function to facilitate work between staff members.
- Maintain the hardware and software inventories for purposes of warranties, licensing compliance, and replacement initiatives.
- Budget Administrator for Tech Lounge budget line.
- Time approval and staff management.
- Train and advise department staff with training as necessary on hardware, software, and enduser support.
- Cross-train with all other departments and provide staff and coverage where necessary for assignments.
- Available to respond to emergency situations after normal business hours.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Broad-based knowledge of computing hardware and software including but not limited to Microsoft and Apple.
- Solid foundation in the concepts and best practices for computing configurations to promote productivity.
- Customer service oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to translate complicated technical information to non-technical staff in a troubleshooting or informal training scenario.
- Well organized self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks to maximize effectiveness of the Tech Support staff.
- Work directly with vendors to purchase and install peripheral hardware and software, university wide.
- Willingness to accept training to remain current in the latest technologies and work outside of normal business hours when necessary.
- Associates Degree in Information Technology field, or Equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years helpdesk and troubleshooting experience
- 3-5 years' experience with Microsoft and/or Apple products
- Customer Service Experience
About the Institution:
D’Youville is a highly regarded privateuniversity and research institution with a rich history located on the vibrantWest Side of Buffalo adjacent to a growing downtown with year-round culturalevents and outdoor recreation. While preparing students for the 21st-century,D’Youville excels at helping students reach their career goals as changeagents, doing well for themselves and their communities by doing good. Underthe leadership of President Lorrie Clemo, the university is moving boldlyforward through a dynamic and integrated planning process to strengthen theinstitution and positively impact the student experience and surroundingcommunity.
Founded in 1908, the GreyNuns named the college after the Patron Saint Marguerite D’Youville andcommitted to making it a compassionate place of learning for those fromunderrepresented populations. That commitment and tradition continue today.D’Youville was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureatedegree programs for women. With a long Catholic history, D’Youville welcomesstudents of every culture, background, and faith and is a place where differentfaith traditions can be openly shared and respected. Coeducational since 1971,D’Youville strives to expand opportunities for diverse learners, includingadults, first-generation, low-income, and other students historicallyunderrepresented in higher education.
Today, D’Youville features anurban, growing campus community of 3,000 students and offers more than 50majors in undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies including advancedcertificates and accelerated learning programs. Featuring degrees inhealthcare, business, and the liberal arts, D’Youville encourages students tobalance their learning with activities that integrate community service withcoursework. D’Youville’s proud graduates have the academic strengths necessaryfor careers that make a difference and the skills to be leaders for the world.All job offers are contingent upon legal authorization to be employed in NYS asdetermined by NYS DOL. To learn more about D’Youville, please visit http://www.dyc.edu/